This exciting Effective Team Development Programme is suitable for whole discrete teams or departments, specific parts of teams or sub-teams, individuals from a variety of mixed teams, or groups of team leaders, at any level in the organisation. The Programme is full of short, interactive sessions that cover the essentials of team development processes, group dynamics, collaborative and partnership working, creating synergy, negotiating and problem solving. The carefully designed, practical small group exercises will give you a deeper understanding of how to apply the theory, and will help you to consolidate your learning and put it into practice immediately back at work. You will build your expertise and confidence in your ability to lead or be part of an effective team.
You will learn the difference between collaborative and partnership working, and the key skills to lead or be a fully engaged member of an effective team. You will understand:
- how to manage and lead the developmental stages of small groups
- the basics of group dynamics and their impact on performance
- how to create collaboration
- how to work in partnership
- how to create and maintain synergy
- how to solve tangible problems
- how to handle problems of conflicting values
- how to negotiate workable compromises
- how to inspire confidence and motivate your team
- how to get the best out of the individuals in your team
The course will introduce you to a range of models and theories relevant to your business and the way your team works. You will learn how teams work, what to look for and notice, what to focus on in the teams you work with, how to respond to the different issues and so how to improve the effectiveness of those teams. You will know WHAT to do in different situations, and also practice HOW to do it effectively, and most importantly, understand WHY it works.
This programme will provide you with:
- The skills to lead teams effectively
- In depth knowledge of team and group theory
- The ability to use group dynamics and synergy to create high performance teams
- The skills to solve problems and negotiate workable compromises
- Reflective templates for you to complete during and after the programme
- An action plan to apply your new team development knowledge, skills and understanding back at work with confidence.
Location and Dates
This course is offered as an in-house programme only and no dates are scheduled for public courses at the moment.
Due to its interactive nature, we recommend limiting the group size of this programme. To find out more or to discuss what you specifically need, please call Jude on +44 (0) 800 840 4122 or contact us here